Get ready for the Iron Girl Half Marathon and other triathlons! NutraSport's health care professionals and certified triathlon coach will provide you with a plan for race week and race day sports nutrition.
Here is what you will learn:
- Hydration: Pre-hydration race week and hydration before during and after the event.
- Meals: How to cycle your meals as race day approaches and time your nutrition before, during and after the event.
- Recovery: The do's and don'ts of healthy recovery after the event.
This is what you will receive:
- Hydration Chart: Calculate your fluid intake specific to your weight.
- Food Charts: The different foods and how they factor into your race day fuel.
- Race Day Schedule: A detailed plan for hydtrating and fueling before, during and after the event.
- Iron Girl Expertise: The tips, tricks and knowledge of a 9 time Iron Girl triathlete and coach.
Dr. Lynn Shumake is a doctor of pharmacy with a certification in sports nutrition through the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF). His expertise includes managing and consulting with physicians and patients regarding nutrition, natural medicines, and supplements. Dr. Shumake is also certified as a personal trainer through the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF). For a full bio, please visit the About Us page. For a full review of credentials, please visit the Credentials page.
Jennifer Coyne is a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), certified triathlon coach through the International Triathlon Coaching Association (ITCA), nationally certified and state licensed massage therapist. Jennifer also received her health coaching certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and nutrition specialist certification from the American Academy of Sports Dietician and Nutritionist. Jennifer coaches, trains and treats individuals and athletes of all levels in a variety of sports and events. She is a competition triathlete, 9 time Iron Girl, endurance runner and mother of two.